Monday, November 03, 2008

Perspective

It's now November, I've been out of Louisiana for 2 months, out of college for 6 months. Time flies. 

As of now, I'm still consulting, still working for Tucker, and still looking for ideas. Interestingly I've sort of accidentally followed some of Tucker's advice- stay unemployed. That's not to say that I don't have projects, but I haven't followed the steps of my close friends, all of whom are working 9-5's at established companies. Each day is different. 10 hours of web work here, 5 hours video for Tucker, 3 or 4 hours working for a local bar. Variety can be very engaging. 

In the meantime, I've got time to pitch some reality TV ideas, work on a website (that should be launching soon and may mean the end of this blog... we'll see), and just generally enjoy life. I've had some personal setbacks that have provided me with a lot of anxiety to fill up the dull times. 

How often do we wish we could wind back the clock and undo one mistake? 4 or 5 seconds that can turn your life upside down. I'm the sort that believes everything does happen for a reason, or at least I've been lucky enough to have the perspective to entertain that idea. I hope a year from now, I can shrug off these mistakes and chalk them up to a good learning experience. 

Or maybe not.

(Another entry in the web series below. Believe it or not a major company is toying with the idea of turning these into a national commercial series.)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home