Thursday, August 21, 2008

10 Days

The Niners are on TV and looking pretty decent. Rex Grossman still looks as awful as last year, which sort of reminds me of how funny life can be. This time last year, almost to the day, I was getting prepped for my last year in college and at job training at DirecTV, basically getting paid to watch football.

Ten days from now I'll be heading home, back to see the family for the first time in 3 months. It's starting to hit that the "family" that has sort of developed among the cast and crew is going to be permanately seperated. From Daryll the locations guy who befriended me on the first day to Geoff the actor who has gone out of his way to be nothing but kind to me. Or Mark Carter, or Larry from sound (the entire sound department for that matter), Dustin who does playback- all the people who I constantly hang out with on set. This reality, this group of people will probably never be together again. At the very least, I'll never get see all of them again. I hope I can stay in touch with this crew- the people I've met have been wonderful.

We'll see.

Such is the life of the filmmaker, below the line, above the line whatever. On the move, never working in the same place, the same location, the same script. So it's slowly starting to hit me that life in L.A. is going to start up again. Reality will hit. Soon. This three month trip which has been a journey of high highs and low lows and the biggest educational slap to my face is coming to an end.

So I'm returning to L.A. a little wiser, a little older and with some great stories. 10 days left. Each day I get up and remember sitting at my monitor watching football one year ago.

Where will I be a year from now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home