Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My First "Only" Remix

I caught an interesting piece of news the other day. Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails had posted the original studio tracks to his new single "Only" and was asking for fan remixes.

I really enjoy remixes of songs (check out Linkin Park's Reanimation for an idea of just how "original" they can be) and even though I had never touched a piece of music software, I decided to challenge myself to come up with something that sounded nothing like the original "Only."

So I spent a few hours tooling with Sony ACID, and came up with about 1 minute 18 seconds of what I think has the potential to be a pretty damn cool remix, should I extend it.

I'm sure most musicians out there can figure out how exactly I tweaked the song, but for all the uninitiated- I'm not telling. Go out and try yourself.

It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Here's a link to my remix.
BUT- I suggest listening to the original first.

UPDATE: Taking on a challenge from my friend Rod, who commented, "That song is like eating a cheeseburger and then having someone take it away" I have re-done the song and added a bit more depth to it. No one steals hamburgers from Rod. No one.

Here's the new mix.

Leave a comment and let me know which one you like better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home